Almost three year old starts nursing again. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-25-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two children, an 10 months old boy and an almost three year old daughter. My daughter stopped nursing with 16 months of age, just after I had become pregnant with #2. After birth, she every now and then wanted to pretend nursing, while I was breastfeeding her little brother - she also tried breastfeeding him, when he cried and I was on the toilet or for similar reasons not immediately able to pick him up. - anyways during the last few weeks she started seriously tandem nursing. For the time being I don't mind too much, I figure a bit extra immune protection can't harm during flu season. However, I 'm wondering what to expect. Is that a phase I could expect to pass in a couple of weeks, or should I prepare myself for longterm tandem nursing?
Also, right now I'm supplementing my diet with a pound of chocolate a week. I'm kind of wondering what else I could eat to sustain my increased energy need.
#2 of 2 Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't speak to having an older child start nursing that late - but in terms of food:

- trail mix w/ your fav nuts and dried fruit

- oatmeal in the morning

- cheese sticks

- yogurt and fruit

- ice cream :)

Heck, the chocolate sounds good, too. ;)

Homebirthing mama of 2

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page