Looking to share with someone who might understand - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sweet little boy has now stopped bfing at 2 years and 7 months.  I have this sorrow and sadness in me with tears wanting to spill over.  I encouraged a gradual weaning over the last few months as I was have some dental issues and I need to have my mercury fillings removed.  I see the positives I suppose but I am so sad!  Part of it for sure has to do with the fact that I would love another baby but we are infertile without medical interventions.  So I am also looking at the reality of not having more children though we would love one more in our family. 

Just looking for a shoulder to cry on.

TIA

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#2 of 3 Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM

hug.gif hugs to you mama!

I am nightweaning my 2 year and 4 month old son. I am excited about it, but also sad because I know it probably won't be too much longer till he completely weans. I also am facing the fact that I may never have another LO.

Just wanted to send my love to you. I will be where you are before i know it. 

#3 of 3 Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM

(((HUGS))) I am going through something a little similar. My youngest is 2yrs, 9mos, and he is the opposite of night-weaned - he's day-weaned, for the most part because I had to start sending him to preschool. It was terribly hard for me to not be with him all day as I had been his whole life, but even harder was not being able to sit down and nurse him at various times during the day. He really doesn't want to wean, and nursing is (almost always) the first thing he does when I pick him up in the afternoon, but still there has been times when he forgets to nurse and it isn't until later, almost bedtime, before he remembers and wants to nurse again. So we technically go ALL DAY without it.

I realize he will probably wean himself before too long, and I'm sad. He's my last baby, since I'm now single and at 37 with 6 kids under my belt, I won't be having any more. It's exciting in a way, to think I will have my body back completely for the first time in years, but it's also very sad because Lil' Man is still my "baby" while he's nursing. And once he is done... that's it. Forever.

greensad.gif

Love to you, mama... you did a wonderful thing for a long time, and you'll always have that bond.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page