Mothering Forum banner

Codeine, caffeen and anitbiotics while BF'ing...what can I expect?

394 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mama_2_Boy 
#1 ·
So I just had my two left wisdom teeth pulled. I am on codeine which is laced with caffeine, and a very strong antibiotic. My daughter on BF'ds on demand, which is usually more during the nite than day, but none the less the day occurs a few times. I started the meds around 2pm...now my daughter appears to be high as a kite! Gosh, I'm not sure what to do here. I NEED the pain meds and this is coming from a gal that had two natural childbirths that were 17 hrs and 36 hrs consecutively. I have a high tolerance to pain, but when it's in my head, I don't cope well. The side effect of the antibiotics is diarrhea...possibly bloody which they told me to stop right away if that happens. I have to eat plenty with both meds and I'm having a hard time with that because of my jaw barely opening. I'm drinking lots of water, eating yogurt, apple sauce, soup. Should I just try and get the babe to eat alot of yogurt??

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.