Bummed 19 mo slept through the night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boy slept until daylight without waking up to nurse for the first time ever - he usually wakes at least 3 times in the night, which I never found disruptive. And today he slept 2+ hrs at nap time without waking, which is similarly unheard of for him. Most people would say this is a great development, and I am sure if it continues as a trend I will appreciate it. At the moment I feel oddly bereft of all that snuggling.
#2 of 3 Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Is that unusual for that age? I'm curious b/c 5.5 mo dd has recently moved from our bed to her own and instead of waking up 5+ times each night she is actually sleeping all the way through. What is the average age for this to happen I wonder. Also curious if baby sleeping through the night has any negative affects on my supply? Sorry to thread-jack just curious...

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif
#3 of 3 Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

I really don't know!  Maybe do a poll?  I have always had the feeling that most babies already did by now, but I can't back that up at all.  My boy still doesn't incidentally - that one time was an isolated incident, although he seems to be waking less often these days.  I suspect that your supply will in fact decrease, but only in relation to demand - if she nurses more in the day to make up for not nursing at night, that should balance you out too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page