Reduced feedings for 16 month old= CRAZY PMS for me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-16-2011, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been having crazy terribly moodswings, exhaustion, emotional frustration, etc etc. I have had AF since he was born. DH is like "what is going on???" I am like "I have no idea and I hate it". It's like I have no control over it. I am snappy, sooo tired I cry and I am getting better sleep this month than the past plus one years. I am annoyed, I don't even know what's bothering me. Then I feel better. Then it's back. I am about 22 days post AF day 1. My cycle is 31 days now. Is this massive PMS?  I also battle with depression so this is really hard.

My almost 16 month old has recently been nursing less (before bed, around 6am, and twice throughout the day give a few sometimes). He used to nurse quite a bit at night. This is the only thing I can think "biological" that might be affecting my hormones.

Does anyone have any experiences or know the relation of hormones increased/decreased while nursing, and then nursing less/weaning? We aren't weaning but it's significantly less lately. Please help before my DH tells me I need a safe room, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-18-2011, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know specifically of an answer for you, but wanted to share that my PMS the last three months or so has been crazy!  I'm so moody and just irritable, like you say.  I'd say hormones do crazy things and what you're feeling might very well be attributable to your hormones.  Can you see your doctor?

Cady, wife to Patrick (8/2/03) partners.gif and mother to Bradley (11/24/09) jog.gif and little bean (edd 5/31/13) 2ndtri.gif.  Planning our first home birth and looking for any information and advice on the subject!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page