dreamingtree likes this.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#2 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ba-baa's

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Just "mama milk".  This was years ago.  It wasn't until she was nearly 2.5 when I learned that name was just for my right breast, which I always started her on because otherwise she would never nurse on it (picky picky picky!)

I was getting out of the shower, and she pointed to my breasts and said "That one is 'mama milk'.  The long one is 'turnaround'."  biglaugh.gif

~adorkable~ likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#4 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 04:14 PM

baba. which I hate. it started out a-ba, but when I started working and she was getting bottles every day they melded together greensad.gif

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#5 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Boo-ba smile.gif

Amanda,  SAHM mama to love.gif Rose and rainbow1284.giflove.gif  Sean.   Always in my heart and never forgotten  angel3.gif Violet (18 weeks due to I.C.) candle.gif
#6 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 PM

My little guy signs "milk". My favorite thing right now is that he calls me by that sign too. "Milk" means that he wants to nurse, and "milk" followed by a pat of Mama's chest or arm or leg (depending on where he is) means "Mama". love.gif

#7 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM

He used to sign for it. Then it was "mama," now "Mama-milk," as distinct from "cow-milk."  And switching breasts is "other side."  

I've been working toward cutting back to just mornings and bedtime, and I've been emphasizing "sleepy time.No mama-milk until the sun comes up."  So today was a rainy day, and in the car I started talking about, "Maybe the sun will come out later."  And he perks up . . ."Mama-milk?  Sun come out?  Mama-milk?"  Must be more careful how I phrase things.  :)

#8 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM

She started by signing milk. Now when she wants to nurse she says Boob! I blame my husband for saying mmmm boob to her whenever she was nursing. She also knows the sign for breastfeed but it's s recent acquisition and doesn't get used much, and she can say nurse but prefers Boob! (I swear she says it with the capital letter!)

toddler.gif

#9 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Bum bum. NO IDEA how we came up with it, but thats what he called it from the time he was just starting to talk. We never called it "num nums" or anything similar to that so why he calls them bum bums will remain a mystery.(dd called them nursies so that was the most frequent nickname he would have heard) 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#10 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

na-nas here.  We inherited dh's family's nickname, nummies, which ds says sometimes, but mostly it's na-nas. 

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

#11 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post

Just "mama milk".  This was years ago.  It wasn't until she was nearly 2.5 when I learned that name was just for my right breast, which I always started her on because otherwise she would never nurse on it (picky picky picky!)

I was getting out of the shower, and she pointed to my breasts and said "That one is 'mama milk'.  The long one is 'turnaround'."  biglaugh.gif

oh thank you, that was the best laugh i have had in a good while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatioGardener View Post

My little guy signs "milk". My favorite thing right now is that he calls me by that sign too. "Milk" means that he wants to nurse, and "milk" followed by a pat of Mama's chest or arm or leg (depending on where he is) means "Mama". love.gif

how old was your LO when he learned to sign for milk?

if they learn what they hear, im going to have my twins walking around asking for "more booby juice please!"

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#12 of 76 Old 09-03-2011, 10:37 PM

No cutesy terms here.  My son just calls it 'nurse' (used to be more like 'durse').  To be specific, it's "up an' nurse" now, and sometimes "more up an' nurse".  That one just started a couple days ago when he asked to nurse five minutes after finishing and I asked him "You want more 'up an' nurse'?"  When he wants to switch sides it's "that one" or "other one". 

SAH Mama of two intact kiddos: Kaitlyn (31 Oct '05) and Julian (7 July '09).  signcirc1.gif

#13 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 03:42 AM

My son called it bobby. And than come to find out bobby is a english term for boob??? Am i right on this?

I really believe my son is an old soul lol. No idea where he came up with the term as I do not use the word boob. DD called it that too since he did

Mommy bobby. So sweet. He is 8 now and no longer nursing.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#14 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

how old was your LO when he learned to sign for milk?

I started to sign "milk" to him every time we nursed and he was awake around 4 months. He started around 6 months, and became consistent around 9 months. Now he's 15 months and will even look up and tell me his sign "milk" while he is nursing (with a grin!)

#15 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 04:16 AM

I think he started signing it around 12 or 13 months.  

#16 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 AM

"May-no."  No idea why.

He used to sign by opening and closing his little fingers, but that's gone by the wayside.  He is 17 months.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#17 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

DD's word was "ninite!" because I was always telling her "Okay, in a minute!!"

PatioGardener likes this.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#18 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM

my ds calls it mimi :)

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#19 of 76 Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 PM

My son calls it "geekies" I guess that was his version of milkies which is what I called it. but 2 years later (he is 3 now) he still calls it geekies..I wonder what the new baby will call it when she is old enough?

ETA: I always thought it was his word for breastfeeding but recently found out it is his word for breasts. We were watching a birth video and the woman was naked and he said "wow look at those geekies!" lol.gif

Holly intactlact.giffambedsingle2.giffly-by-nursing1.gifsingle mom to 4.5...hoping for a homebirth.jpg this time.
#20 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM

My 14-month-old daughter just gives this "a-hem" cough, twice, like an "excuse me" type cough--she's been doing that for a long time. Often accompanied by a firm tug on the shirt. Sometimes she adds "na na na."

----
Sewing, knitting, breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering + working mama to baby Zora (born 6/22/10)
#21 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 12:36 PM

My twin boys call nursing "Nah nahs" :lol: 

#22 of 76 Old 09-06-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

DD's word was "ninite!" because I was always telling her "Okay, in a minute!!"

LOL!

My son started out with signing "milk", then it was "nurse", then it was "nee", and now it's "nurse" again.  He likes to call them my boobies.  My daughter has a funny little speech impediment and calls it "nursh".  Everything has the "sh" sound in it.  Outside is "aufshide".  lol.gif

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#23 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 12:04 AM

DS (15 months) signs milk usually. He was in a phase a few weeks ago where he was just ripping my top down and/or pulling my nipple out in public, so we've worked on signing "milk please" and it seems to be working!

DH often likes to tease DS while he's nursing telling him "no they're MINE" ...so now DS has started calling nursing "mine", coming up to me, pulling at my top or signing milk saying "MINE!!!"

#24 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 11:26 AM

My son says nursing, except for nursing to sleep, which is "nursey-do-do." Also "moah nuhsing!" and "uddah sayed!" 

We went to the state fair and saw the piglets nursing, and now he keeps talking about piggy milk. 

#25 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM

My son says Ummhuh (like the yes sound) and signs more.

I had taught him to sign nurse, but while pregnant with DS2 sometimes I'd say yes to nursing and other times no, so he decided to give me the answer he wants when asking love.gif

and the more morphing into nurse...I don't know we just went with it.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#26 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

We made the mistake of using the word NIPPLE too often.. so now my 20 month old runs around calling out NIPPLE NIPPLE when she wants milk. I am trying hard to redirect it to MILK but no luck so far.

NIPPLE! Can't wait for the first time that happens in public!

#27 of 76 Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM

My son says "may may". He's almost 3, but he still calls it that. When he was little he would cry "may may may" when he wanted to nurse.

#28 of 76 Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 PM

13 month old DS will occasionally say "nur" (for "nurse"), but mostly he just starts going "Mmmmm mmmm," yanks my shirt wide open to stick his head in and take a peak, then pulls back and reaches both arms all the way down into my shirt and attempts to pull out a breast. My roommate thinks it's hilarious. We're working on it.

dejagerw likes this.
#29 of 76 Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 PM

DS, at 16 months, calls nursing "bah," which I think he got from me saying "Let me move my BRA" as he'd shove his hands down my shirt :)  He's never taken a bottle, so it's not from that.  When he wants to switch sides it's "mo' bah."

PatioGardener and dejagerw like this.
#30 of 76 Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I NEED TO NURSE at more or less the top of her lungs.

Also things like "I am tickling your nursing" and "why do you have soap on your nursing."

She just turned 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page