Take advantage of an easy time to wean, or let him self-wean??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-27-2011, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am really stuck on this.

DS is 2.5. He was a voracious nurser until he turned 2 and then suddenly he started eating real food and we both felt comfortable with some limits on nursing (though there were tears on his part on & off) and we cut down a lot. Just recently, I cut out his morning nurse-a-thons, and he is now only nursing at night. Cutting out the morning nursing was really easy & he didn't even cry -- in fact, he cried LESS than when he was nursing! So I am not sure if I should take advantage of this easy time and just wean him all the way? I sense that he will be OK with it, and he said he would be sad but then he'd be happy again if we stopped. I feel like he is sort of ready, though I don't think he'd stop on his own right now without encouragement.

However, I always wanted to CLW. I never even thought of any other option, to be honest! But when I say he was a 'voracious nurser', I mean to the extreme -- he nursed several times an hour, both day & night, for almost all of those first 2 years... 20++ times a day. Every day. I have never met another kid who nurses even half as much as DS did. So I'm a bit... burnt out, I guess... hence all the limits the minute I felt he was ready for them! But I'm not sure I'm ready to be done. I'm afraid I'll regret it. I also would love to get him through one more winter. But he's at such a good stage for it right now, and I'm worried it will be harder for him down the line, if I did end up deciding to wean him instead of letting him self-wean.

IDK, why is this such a hard decision?!?!?!

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page