Need donated breast milk for our adopted son! :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!  We just adopted a newborn baby boy who is 3 weeks old now :) & would love to keep him on breast milk. I have actually been doing induced lactation/adoptive breastfeeding for him but with 8 pumps per day (for over 7 weeks) I am still only pumping a total of 4 ounces per day - only enough for 2 of his 10 feedings per day. :( We live in Lubbock (NW Texas) and would appreciate your milk so much. Of course, we would pay all expenses if you would be willing to ship to us. Or if you live within a few hours of us we would love to pick up any donations from you. Thank you so very much for any donations, leads or help you can offer!! Kimberly kimberly101010@hotmail.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 04:22 AM

i'm sorry i live way too far to give you breast milk (overseas..) but i'm happy to hear you're not giving up but rather insisting on it... check out what dr. sears has to say about nursing adopted children.. good luck and God bless!

#3 of 6 Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Here is a link to the forum for Texas, you may have better luck cross-posting this there:

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/95/texas-oklahoma-new-mexico

Good luck, and congratulations on your baby! joy.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#4 of 6 Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I don't have milk now but I just wanted to offer you encouragement. I donated to a women who managed to keep her adopted infant on bm exclusively for the six months of life. Hope! Congratulations on the arrival of your baby. 

#5 of 6 Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM

I live in North San Antonio...I don't know if that's farther away than you're looking for or if it's possible to ship that far, but I would be happy to donate milk for your LO. DD is just now seven months and REFUSES to take anything out of a bottle or sippy cup but I am away from her for work enough that I need to pump once or twice a day to keep up supply, however the milk bank in austin want's like 150oz a week for new donors and I don't get that much.... I don't think I would have enough extra to exclusively feed but right now it's just taking up space in my freezer. If you're interested feel free to email me at KateDavies45@yahoo.com or you can message me and I'll send you my cell number.

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif
#6 of 6 Old 10-06-2011, 06:44 PM

I live in North San Antonio...I don't know if that's farther away than you're looking for or if it's possible to ship that far, but I would be happy to donate milk for your LO. DD is just now seven months and REFUSES to take anything out of a bottle or sippy cup but I am away from her for work enough that I need to pump once or twice a day to keep up supply, however the milk bank in austin want's like 150oz a week for new donors and I don't get that much.... I don't think I would have enough extra to exclusively feed but right now it's just taking up space in my freezer. If you're interested feel free to email me at KateDavies45@yahoo.com or you can message me and I'll send you my cell number.

familybed1.gifwife and helpmate todp_malesling.GIF  mommy to Caileigh dust.gif  lactivist.gif  saynovax.gif

Tags
Breastfeeding

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page