Doing a cleanse? - Possible? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 17 months old, and typically nurses for about 2 hours (sleep-eating) in the morning, before his afternoon nap, and before bed. He's becoming more and more food dependent and doesn't seem to miss *milk* so much as sucking and being nuzzled. I only get engorged if he's skipped a morning or evening session.

We're starting to toy with the idea of #2, but I'd really love to do a cleanse before hand. I feel like my organs aren't functioning as well as they could be - I tend to retain water easily, and have gastric problems. I'd really love to do a cleanse (or a few) before starting on #2.

Everything I've read says you can't do a cleanse while breast feeding - but most of the things I've read also seem to assume that a baby will stop BFing somewhere between 6-12months. I just wanted to check and confirm if that's the same case with an older BFing child. I don't want to stop BFing him before he's ready, but at the same time I don't want to get pregnant again without preparing as much as I can. And our ages are a bit of an issue so we're feeling a slight press for time.

Suggestions?

nak.giffambedsingle1.gifslingboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 09:09 AM

I recently did a cleanse while nursing DD at 15 months, a naturopathic doctor led a few people and assured me it was fine as long as I had enough calories. it was a very basic cleanse, just cutting out gluten, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods so plenty of things to eat.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! That's what I was wondering - except now I just found out today I'm pregnant already. Actually that kind of diet sounds fine even though I'm pregnant. Already been trying hard to cut out sugar ^.^

nak.giffambedsingle1.gifslingboy.gif

User Tag List