Gradual/Gentle Weaning Tips - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so glad I found this post! It's hard to find BFing Mamas of 2 year olds who are actually trying to wean.  DS turned 2 in June and DH and I agreed that we would wean before he started pre-school in August.  We are stuck at bed time and early morning but he's still asking several times during the day. We night weaned a month ago and took 2 or 3 weeks before he stopped asking at night.  I feel so guilty, especially when he says "Please nurse Mama?" and I think that's what is holding us back.  I'm also 7 weeks preggo with our second child and although I know I can nurse through pregnancy, it's just one more reason to cut off these last 2 sessions.  I'm going to give the firm and guiltless attitude a shot and just deal with the inevitable tears.  If I don't wean him now I'm sure he would be nursing at 4 or 5, which just isn't going to work for us.  2 years was double my original goal of 1 year!

#32 of 32 Old 08-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dd weaned right around when she turned two and was gradual about it herself. Like she started sleeping through the night at 18 months and then was at daycare all day so she was basically only nursing once in the morning and once at night when she was almost two. My ds on the other hand is almost two and is nursing at least six times a day and waking me up at least twice at night! It is driving me crazy and I really want to sleep again, lol. I don't know if I need him to totally wean but I would love to just nurse when he wakes up and when he falls asleep instead of having him constantly ripping my shirt off of me. I guess for starters I am going to wear more fitting shirts and just not let him have easy access all the time and offer him a cup of hemp milk when he trys to nurse. I am thinking of trying to night wean and deal with his crying over the weekend but I'm afraid that Sunday  night I will just give in and let him snuggle so he'll be quiet and let me get a couple of hours of sleep...

be good family...

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page