14mo on the boob constantly - I'm feeling zapped of energy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not sure if I should post this in a health forum instead, but here it goes:

My almost 15mo DD has never been into solids. I have gone back and forth between being more or less worried and am feeling generally okay about it (got ahold of "My Child Won't Eat" and feeling reassured, that she will eat when she needs to, I offer lots of foods, etc). Lately though she barely eats any food at all and thus is nursing all the time. This isn't a problem, emotionally, but I am feeling pretty run down, and I think it might be from all the energy this mega milk production is requiring. 

I am trying to eat well, but I also feel like I need so much food in a day to not feel hungry ALL the time that I end up eating lots of bread and crackers and things like that. We got a juicer and I am trying to have a couple of glasses a day. I take a multivitamin, a B-vitamin mix, and fish oil, and drink homemade kefir every morning. I try to eat lots of iron but I might not be actually getting enough, I am not sure. Any tips for me to beef up my vitamin supply/energy levels? 

Thanks in advance!

Pretty darn crunchy mama to Kiddo (2yo, DD), wife to Hubby, SAHM/aspiring writer/amateur sewist/lover of reading, traveling, music, natural parenting, unschooling, dogs, nature and more. Working on mindfulness and living in the present. Settled in Norway.

We familybed1.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFnamaste.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gifhomeschool.gifand goorganic.jpg...

#2 of 3 Old 03-25-2012, 03:08 PM

My 15 mo just recently started nursing a lot more frequently too.  I have upped my vitamin D3 intake (4,000 - 8,000 IU/day), B12, and I also make sure to eat plenty of seaweed for iodine.  Also I suggest a small handful of walnuts along with 2 to 3 brazil nuts a day for selenium (I had a vitamin/mineral test done and was low in selenium and vitamin C).  I also have added green smoothies with lots of kale and spinach.  Honestly though the D3 and the seaweed have made the biggest difference energy wise for me.

#3 of 3 Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your reply. I have not been keeping track of iodine - thanks for the tip! I had been eating walnuts a lot but got out of the habit. I will get back to that! And vitamin D...that could be something too. I think it is a good excuse for some more time outside! ;)

Pretty darn crunchy mama to Kiddo (2yo, DD), wife to Hubby, SAHM/aspiring writer/amateur sewist/lover of reading, traveling, music, natural parenting, unschooling, dogs, nature and more. Working on mindfulness and living in the present. Settled in Norway.

We familybed1.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFnamaste.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gifhomeschool.gifand goorganic.jpg...

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page