Very very confused .. can it be colostrum? Please help. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

My daughter is 35 months old and until 1 month back (I am 17 weeks pregnant) she was nursing once in the night to sleep. I have suspected that I had no milk since 3-4 months before pregnancy so about  months of 4-5 months of dry-suckling and last month no nursing (it was painful and I have been wanting to wean her anyway. )

Last night (we co-sleep) in the middle of the night I woke up to a little patch of wetness on the bedsheet (she is still not night-trained for potty)...I started feeling her pant and shirt and sure enough they were wet ..but I also realized that the area near both by breasts was wet too (shirt I mean).

I freaked out  - I couldn't be leaking colostrum at 17+ weeks can I?

The other possibility is that she had her bum nestled against my chest when she peed and it somehow overflowed through the diaper (this has happened a few times before especially if her diaper gets bunched up and overflows) and wet my shirt...

..but I cannot shake the feeling away...

Any mamas who nursed through pregnancy- any experiences?

If mamas had been nursing through pregnancy and their milk dried up during pregnancy - when was the earliest it started back up again?

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just always had something. even my first pregnancy I started leaking colostrum at 10 weeks. with my second when I was still nursing my first I was never completely dry, but by 20 weeks had switched to just colostrum. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy
User Tag List