21 month old dd nursing like a new born - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone smile.gif I need help. This is my second child and I've nursed both of my kids. My son was 2.5 yrs old when he weaned. My daughter is 21 months and I'm just exhausted!!!! She is a non stop nurser when ANYTHING is going on. A normal day will consist of requests every 30 min and all night long. When she's sick or uncomfortable from pooping, it's an all day event. She's been holding in her poop today and my nipples are RAW. Yes, I let her have them when she asks but I don't offer. I try food, drinks, going out, playing, you name it. I love her but can't live like this. She's a high need child. So when you say NO she doesn't let it go. She cried about her car seat from the day she was born and STILL screams at 21 months and is forward facing with a DVD player in a nice big carseat. I feel like the life is getting sucked out of me greensad.gif Please don't judge. My son is autistic and when he gets home from school it's non stop with him at the same time. My daughter just wants me and not daddy. The nursing has to stop at this level though. Any loving advice would be appreciated smile.gif
#2 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM

My DS went through this phase a couple of months ago. Now at 24 months he is much less demanding with nursing. There is hope!

#3 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks smile.gif
#4 of 4 Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM

I might be late to this post, but my 24 month old DS is the same way. I could have written this post. He has always been high needs, and he is still asking for "milk" 5-6 times a day or MORE! He never night weaned. He will sleep for long stretches but still wakes up about 3 times a night to nurse. I don't really want to wean him, and he really doesn't want to wean, but sometimes I'm just tired and touched out! Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

Mom to Kevin,bfinfant.gif : born naturally 4-7-10 nocirc.gif

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page