Nursing all night long- Neither of us sleeping. HELP - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is 12.5 months. He has been nursing ALL NIGHT LONG for the last month at least. he switched sides probably every 15-30 seconds. when he nurses he doesn't just lay down, he stands up sort of and climbs over me to get to the opposite breast. He never fully falls asleep when he's nursing because of this way that he switches back and forth. I don't get any sleep because of the constant switching.

He nurses in the morning for about an hour while i lay in bed, and also in the evenings whenever he wants, usually for about 15 minutes at a time every 45 minutes. During the day he is in childcare for about 6 hours. Has any one experienced this before? any ideas of what to do? 

He is too little to wean, and he's definitely not ready. But him not getting a descent amount of sleep isn't healthy for him, and i'm a grumpy uncooperative mama when i don't get sleep either! suggestions? advice?

all very much appreciated!

#2 of 2 Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My little one did this for the week before he learned to walk, and then for about 6 weeks as he got his 1 year molars. It was brutal, but it did pass. My experience with disturbed night nursing in my previously calm sleeping baby means that he's going through a large developmental shift.

HTH!

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page