Needing advice... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-30-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am kind of in a dilema...just would like some feedback and maybe advice.  My ds just turned 1yo and I am still EPing for him...he was born with a cleft lip and palate so not able to feed at the breast.  He is having his 3rd surgery in 2wks, and my original goal was to keep pumping until he has recovered from this.  Well his weight gain has always been decent, but now he has been losing weight or staying constant instead of gaining so the doctor has recommended me to keep him on until at least 16mos old if not longer.  My problem is that I have been developing massive pain issues that is about to turn into fibromyalsia symptoms.  I am not one for pain meds or even muscle relaxers, but it is to the point where I can not function very well on a bad day anymore.  I would love to be able to use a massage therapist or chiropractor, but it is not in the budget at the moment.  If I start taking meds I would not be able keep pumping and would have to start him on formula for toddlers.  He is already a high needs baby with his reflux issues and poor mucsle tone, and all I want is what is best for him.  To me that means to keep breastfeeding and just dealing with my issues...easier said than done, I know.  A little history I guess...I am a stay at home mom and homeschool two other older siblings with special needs.  I dont get many breaks.  Any advice or input would be great.  Thank you.

Me, 31yo SAHM  wash.gif, married to my wonderful husband  joy.gif, and have 3 amazing boys!  Landen REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif7/17/03,   Izaksuperhero.gif7/31/05,and Nicholas babyboy.gif 4/22/11.  And just found out that we are expecting a girl stork-girl.gif!     caffix.gif    familybed1.gif    wool.gif    praying.gif

#2 of 4 Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM

Have you talked to someone at www.infantrisk.org about the medications? Usually there is a way to take needed medicine and continue to breastfeed. I'd start by talking to them if I were you.

Good luck!

#3 of 4 Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

thank you...never heard of it but will definitely look into it.

Me, 31yo SAHM  wash.gif, married to my wonderful husband  joy.gif, and have 3 amazing boys!  Landen REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif7/17/03,   Izaksuperhero.gif7/31/05,and Nicholas babyboy.gif 4/22/11.  And just found out that we are expecting a girl stork-girl.gif!     caffix.gif    familybed1.gif    wool.gif    praying.gif

#4 of 4 Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Message Deleted

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page