How to increase milk supply while preg? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-05-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm nursing my 21 month old, am almost 6 weeks pg, and my supply has decreased significantly. It seems to increasing slightly in the last day or two, but I'm hoping some of you mamas will have some suggestions for increasing milk supply. Has anyone tried herbal supplements from MotherLove? anything?

#2 of 2 Old 05-16-2012, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found this:

Quote:

Pregnancy

Sometimes a mom finds herself needing to maintain a supply in order to nurse through a pregnancy. In some cases mom finds that the supply and demand system works out nicely and they have no problems nursing right through pregnancy. In other cases mom finds she needs a little help. There are mild galactagogues that are safe to take in pregnancy. These herbs can also be used in combination of two or three.

Nettle up to 2 capsules 3 times a day
Dill up to 2 ml tincture 3 times a day
Marshmallow up to 4 capsules 3 times a day

DO NOT take fenugreek, fennel, or blessed thistle while pregnant.

There are a couple of prescription medications that have been used with success in situations of serious supply problems. (Reglan and Domperidone are two of these meds) They should be used with prudence and never considered until other basic measures of rest, water, nutrition and nursing frequency have been examined and remedied if necessary. We owe it to ourselves and our children to take care of our overall health, which is most cases, allows our bodies to provide breastmilk to our children.  These medications are available in those situations in which the mother has adequate rest, good nutrition, frequent nursing and still finds that supply is a problem.

HTH! :)

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Tags
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page