Pregnant away from nursling for two days, do I risk drying up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-25-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pregnant (14wks) and my nursing relationship with DS, who is 2.5 yo, is nowhere close to ending. We both still love it.

He is going to be sleeping at my mom's for two nights.  I am concerned with my supply. The longest I stayed without nursing or pumping was a bit above 30 hours. This time, it will be a good 50 hours and I am pregnant.

I know that in normal circumstances, I could stay this long without pumping (if I didn't engorge). Then when  DS got back, he would go right back to nursing from an intact supply. But in pregnancy, am I in any higher risk of having my supply drying? 

No, I do not want that to happen.

The last few times I used the pump I let myself admit that I hate it. Besides, I just put it away some months ago in the cabinet, without storing it properly (just a rinse with hot water). It will be some work to clean the parts to be used again. 

I don't want to pump, should I dare not?  I can hand express in the sink for comfort, worst case.

Any experience or knowledge?

Married toguitar.gifstillheart.gif, Mom to angel.gif 02/00, DSrainbow1284.gif blahblah.gif 02/10,  babyboy.gifpos.gif 02/13 and cat.gif07/96 delayedvax.gifgd.gifsigncirc1.giffly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm.  I guess pumping is probably the safe thing to do--pregnancy dried me up pretty quickly, though we nursed through it anyway.  I was away from my then-2yo for a couple days and pumped (and hated every second). :/

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

User Tag List