Funny breastfeeding "rules" - Mothering Forums
Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy > Funny breastfeeding "rules"
Katie T's Avatar Katie T 02:55 PM 08-27-2012

So Saturday I was nursing my 4yo DD and notice that something doesn't "feel" normal while she is nursing. I look down to find gum strung from nipple to her mouth. She had been at Grandma's and was apparently given gum. lol We all had a good laugh over it!

So new rule, no chewing gum while nursing. 

What are some funny or off the wall nursing "rules" you have had to put into place?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

QueenOfTheMeadow's Avatar QueenOfTheMeadow 06:56 PM 08-27-2012

ROTFLMAO.gif We had a no playing with legos on the breast that you aren't nursing on.  This is not a mountain to bounce on! 

nstewart's Avatar nstewart 04:16 PM 08-30-2012

I don't know if this is really "off the wall" but I have a no nursing while in the bathtub rule (I still co-bathe with DS).  Although I can't say I blame him for wanting to.  It's probably the equivalent of  what enjoyng a nice glass of red wine and reading a good book while having a nice hot bath is for me! 

skycheattraffic's Avatar skycheattraffic 08:20 PM 08-30-2012
Lol this is a great thread! We have the mainstream "no nursing while your mouth is full" rule but I had to add "no sticking your toes up mommy's nostrils" recently. 17 month old DD always wants to climb down and multitask so the "your bum and the Milkies (boobs) must be in the same postal code to nurse" gets a lot of mileage too. :-)
tooraloora's Avatar tooraloora 06:38 AM 09-02-2012

"You may only nurse from one breast at a time." Lately DS is determined to get both nipples into his mouth at the same time.

skycheattraffic's Avatar skycheattraffic 06:45 AM 09-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooraloora View Post

"You may only nurse from one breast at a time." Lately DS is determined to get both nipples into his mouth at the same time.

LOL someone LOVES his milk. He's a creative one!
APToddlerMama's Avatar APToddlerMama 12:17 PM 09-02-2012
No standing and trying to jump on the couch while latched on. No standing up and sitting down repeatedly while nursing either.
proudMoMmy2634's Avatar proudMoMmy2634 11:32 PM 09-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

No standing and trying to jump on the couch while latched on. No standing up and sitting down repeatedly while nursing either.

I agree with this,.But JUMPING while nursing is the most important,. and "NO BITING" because it both hurts.

melon's Avatar melon 07:44 PM 09-08-2012

No playing with or squishing the non nursing boob. Also, no blowing raspberries while latched.

oh yea, and no climbing on mommy's face while latched.

Up