Any toddler books about weaning? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows of any good toddler books about weaning?  I am ready to wean my 26 month old in preparation for pregnancy, and since he loves books I thought it might help.

Thankyou,

Tilly

Me (34) Partner (30)  Parents to DS born at home (6/2010).  We are TTC #2.

#2 of 3 Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I think we have some in our book reviews section: http://www.mothering.com/community/products/

#3 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I just read through all possible categories and there are no books about weaning in the reviews. I also find it odd that there is no section for children's books ~the only one I found was "education books", which had children's books but there is a difference and it should be its own category.

...but that's veering OT a bit.

We are also about to wean and I have found books to be tremendously helpful in preparing for big transitions. I just did a google search and came up with this: http://www.amazon.com/Maggies-Weaning-Mary-Joan-Deutschbein/dp/0912500581

...and there are several books on this list from LL about preparing the child for arrival of a new sibling, including in relationship to nursing: http://www.llli.org/bec/additchildrensbooks.html

Apparently there is another book called "Food From Mommy" by Sandra Prytherch but I absolutely could not find it to buy anywhere online.

You can also make your own book, which we did for nightweaning. You can take pictures and text of your own and design one online, or just make it yourself with drawings.

Good luck to both of us!!!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page