Sore nipples...is this just how it's going to be from now on? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nursing my 22 month old is getting to be really hard.  My nipples have become SO sensitive! I am assuming this is because my first PPAF is around the corner, but this has been the case for a few weeks now.  No AF, and no relief for my nipples greensad.gif...Is this just the new status quo? Once AF comes, will things go back to the way they were before? Ugh! I am so frustrated because nursing sometimes feels like torture, and I don't know how to make it better...any advice?

Mommy to DS born 11-10-10  wave.gifAnd DD born 6-3-13 baby.gif  

#2 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Are you pregnant?  The only time my nipples became so painful that nursing hurt and stayed that way was when i was pregnant.  PPAF i had maybe 2-3 days of sensitivity, not weeks.

One thing helped me and that was deepening the latch, i would act as if the toddler was a newborn, tell her to open wide and shove a whole lot of boob in there myself, rather than letting her latch on herself (she'd gotten a little lazy with her big mouth and 2 years of practice!).  That didn't cure it, but it made it more bearable.

I weaned due to my pregnancy (or rather my milk vanished, nursing stayed painful and DD and i sort of lost interest together).  My nipples still hurt! (i'm due middle of January).

#3 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

I guess it's possible that we may have caught the first egg, but i don't really have any other symptoms...guess i'll take a test just to make sure!

and i will definitely try to get ds to latch better! that would be awesome if it helps...it's encouraging to know that it shouldn't hurt for so long.  that means it will either stop or get better :)

thanks!! and congrats!!

#4 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I had the same issue before my first PPAF.

Then all is well until my next period and the breast tenderness returns...........just as it always did before I had a child.

#5 of 5 Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiago View Post

I had the same issue before my first PPAF.

Then all is well until my next period and the breast tenderness returns...........just as it always did before I had a child.

huh, i don't remember if it was this way before DS came or not! well, i will definitely see if adjusting the latch helps.

how long did it last before AF showed up?

and took a test, it was negative.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page