pregnant/nursing toddler/blister - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-13-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so I just finished nursing my 3yo to sleep and I have a painful blister on my nipple.

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and nursing has been painful for a while now.

What can I do about the blister to heal it and prevent a clogged duct?

Is it possible the blister is pregnancy related, or have we developed a bad latch (possibly due to the pain)?

I am planning to only nurse him on the other side tonight, and he no longer nurses during the day.

I am not planning on weening, but if it becomes necessary will be open to it.

I really wish nursing wasn't so painful, because I don't feel we are ready to ween. Does nursing hurt through the whole pregnancy, or does it depend on the individual. I don't know anyone else that has nursed during pregnancy, or read much about the pain aspect.

I'm kind of worried the blister will cause problems. I've had blister before and they were usually followed or preceded by clogged ducts and both times I ended up with mastitis. However in those cases they were milk blisters and this one is red and clearly from friction.

Is it possible my milk is drying up already and he is becoming more aggressive because of it? It sure feels like he is, but then again the wind, a shirt, splashing water hurst pretty bad as well.

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same thing here!!! I'm 20 weeks preg too ... my daughter is 12 months and after nursing tonight I have a large blister too... not sure what to do, can I nurse through it?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page