Weaning 20 month old twins ! Need help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all, I am having a tough time weaning my girls! I am feeding them numerous times a day and if I don't they will be extremely cranky which I find pretty stressful. I tried making the feeds twice a day. I apply some bitter edible paste on my breasts and that has helped but it's not really helping coz they still demand numerous feeds and I have to keep applying this paste! I was wondering if there is an easier way to do. This. I have two older girls who I weaned at 20months and it wasn't this hard! It's tough to wean toddler twins but I know it's possible ! Please advice! Thanksss
#2 of 4 Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM

Sorry about the over posts. My phone keeps doing it and i don'tknowhow to delete them.
#3 of 4 Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM

I'm interested in what others have to say as well. I'm trying to wean my 26 month old daughter. I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant and so tired! My nipples are extremely sore and every time she latches i wince. The problem is, she's never slept through the night! Ever! And constantly nurses all night long, further exhausting me. I also tried putting bitter stuff on my nipples and she doesn't care, she'll just keep on nursing. I think its time for her to start sleeping in her own room and just letting her cry it out :-(. Breaks my heart, but she's so stubborn and i don't see any other way. She screams "mommy i want nah nah!" At the top of her lungs. I'd love to hear other ideas.
Good luck to you. Do your twins sleep in their own bed? If so, you'll probably have this licked in no time.
#4 of 4 Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page