Can tooth infections go to breastmilk? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi.  My baby is ten months old, and she is mainly breastfed and has only tried a handful of foods. Anyway, my teeth are really awful, and they keep getting worse.  I have no dental insurance, which is why I haven't gone to a dentist. I plan on breastfeeding her for at least two years. I have a lot of calcium during the day, I brush my teeth a lot, and I try to have plenty of water. All that being said, can tooth infections go to breast milk? Any other advice on what I can do? I am really worried about this. Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Unlikely I would think as other infections don't but if you have an active infection that really needs to be dealt with because it can go into your bloodstream. Taking garlic might help.

As far as her teeth,current thought is don't share spoons, toothbrushes, etc to keep from spreading germs to her mouth.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, I have heard conflicting views on whether tooth infections pass to breast milk.  If it does go into my bloodstream, then what happens? And I try to include garlic in my diet. How does that help with teeth? Would tea tree oil help?  Thanks for your advice.  :)

Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Try here for help with tooth health and repairing naturally... http://www.mothering.com/community/f/308/dental

Garlic would help with an infection, not specific to teeth but it acts like an antibiotic.

User Tag List