Pregnant and Nursing a 3 yr 2 mo Old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am only 4 weeks pregnant and so far no sensitive nipples, so all is going well.   Honestly, I am not opposed to tandem nursing, and he is still a pretty avid nurser, but I wouldn't be horribly shocked if he weaned by the time baby arrives...I am just wondering what to expect.

Has anyone else had a baby and had an almost 4 year old still nursing?  What was it like?  

#2 of 5 Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 PM

I was nursing my 4 year old and 2 year old during my 3rd pregnancy. (never had anyone wean during pregnancy)  I tend to get slightly tender early on, but not badly...however, I find the last 6ish weeks to be the worst as far as pain.  But...on the bright side, after each baby was born, we had ZERO "new nursling" discomfort!  So that was always nice.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#3 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

That sounds like an awesome bonus.  What was your milk supply like when your milk first came in?

#4 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle9909 View Post

That sounds like an awesome bonus.  What was your milk supply like when your milk first came in?

Mega oversupply and overactive letdown. LOL  But I've always had that, even when just nursing my 1st.  I just make a lot of milk.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

That is what I have been reading today.  I am really curious if he will continue nursing.  He has been nursing up a storm the past few days.  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page