Nerve damage in breasts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

My little one is 15 months and this has been nagging at me since shortly after she was born. I thought it might go away on its own... but has not!

Around the time my milk first came in, I noticed that parts of my breast were numb. It's totally odd. I can pinch the skin and feel nothing. It's not my whole breast, just a bit underneath and on one side (of both).

I brushed it off when I first noticed, but now I'm starting to wonder if this is something I should see my Dr. about.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks for your input

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 PM

Are they always numb? Because at times I'll look down and see that DD is pinching my nipple while she nurses on the other side and I absolutely can't feel it....but other times the sensitivity returns. I figure it was natures way of keeping us from going crazy from having kids hanging from out boobs all the time:) but maybe yours is more extreme numbness?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

It seems like the numbness is there all the time. I've been thinking since posting that it could be due to stretching? I have also thought, when DD is pinching me repeatedly on the breast, that it could just be nature's way of protecting us! lol

User Tag List