Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Best wishes to you!!!

#3 of 9 Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
It had gone really well. He was only really upset the first time I said no. That time he banged on the wall with his feet for about 5 minutes yelling at me. He probably woke 4 times the first night. The next two nights he was only mildly upset the first time he woke. The following times he just mumbled then goes back to sleep. Last night he only really woke once (as compared to about ten times a night before).

It has impacted his naps too. He is sleeping longer and better when he does nap.

I am finding I can't skip the 5 am feed though. I think he is too hungry and I don't want him truly upset. And if I don't feed then he gets really really upset.
#4 of 9 Old 10-27-2013, 06:34 PM

That sounds really similar to what happened for my three at around that same age for each of them! 

#5 of 9 Old 10-28-2013, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

4th night was almost perfect. He just stirred and rolled over. He still wants me there and occasionally uses me as his pillow.
#6 of 9 Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 PM

Congratulations on getting through the hardest part!

#7 of 9 Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Continued good luck with it!
#8 of 9 Old 10-29-2013, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Last night he slept from bedtime to 4:08 am without waking. Nice!! His nap yesterday was great too.

This is easier than it would be been because he was night weaned before. It just got undone when we moved and his sleep was thrown out.
#9 of 9 Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very nice!!!

I hope you don't mind me adding that ..., I've decided that tonight is our night for change. After almost 2 yrs of sleeping at no longer than 90minute intervals, I'm finally physically ready to try to gently lengthen my sons sleep. He's been nursing and pretty much latched on all night for so long now that my lower back is really hurting. He's sleep seems ro be bevoming more wakeful as the months go by also. I wasn't ready emotionally until now, in fact I don't know if I will ever be. Honestly, it's the back pain that is pushing me to take this leap.

We've been reading Sally Weans from Night Nursing together for the past week. Bless my darling son who loves the book because it has pictures of a child nursing. Nursing means so much to him.

I'm filled with fear and dread because I know that this will be so difficult for my DS, but I have to try this for "me". I will aim for 6 hrs (until about 2am) but if things are very hard I will nurse in our chair at 12am and 4am. Oh my goodness... Cannot believe I'm going to try this!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page