Keeping up supply while pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm nursing my 13 month DD and am 4 weeks pregnant. I've heard that the milk can dry up during pregnancy which has me worried because DD still doesn't like solid food. I'd appreciate any advice for keeping my supply while pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like your post may have been missed, so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have suggestions to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'm wondering if I should start pumping, if it will help increase supply and also build a reserve. I was never able to pump much with my manual pump.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I didn't have much luck increasing my supply when pregnant, but both my girls continued to 'dry nurse' when I was pregnant and then I tandem nursed DD1 for another 12 months and am still tandem nursing DD2 (going on 10 months).  There is a tincture called 'more milk two' made for pregnant moms that are still nursing.  I didn't have luck, but I know some people do.  Other than that, it sounds like you will need to supplement with some sort of milk.  Does your DD do well with dairy?  Make sure it is a high calorie milk.  There are home made formulas on Mercola's website.  

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I didn't have much luck increasing my supply when pregnant, but both my girls continued to 'dry nurse' when I was pregnant and then I tandem nursed DD1 for another 12 months and am still tandem nursing DD2 (going on 10 months).  There is a tincture called 'more milk two' made for pregnant moms that are still nursing.  I didn't have luck, but I know some people do.  Other than that, it sounds like you will need to supplement with some sort of milk.  Does your DD do well with dairy?  Make sure it is a high calorie milk.  There are home made formulas on Mercola's website.  
Thanks! Unfortunately, my DD has a dairy allergy and something called fpies which is why she doesn't want to eat (she threw up a couple of times and it turned her off food). We are working on it and hopefully she will eat a little better before my milk decreases.
How did you know your supply had decreased and your DDs were dry nursing? I think DD will continue to nurse too.

User Tag List