Nursing and resentful - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nursing and resentful

Anybody else nursing a toddler and feeling resentful?

He is about 2-1/2 and I hate nursing him. I get agitations and when he nurses for a long time I get urges to hit him and push him away. I also feel like he views me as a pair of breasts. When I hug him many times he will reach his hands into my shirt and grope me. He won't sit to read without nursing. Anytime I sit down he wants to nurse.

He nurses about 4 long sessions a day with a thousand little 5-second nurses throughout the day (I count down for him). This is a lot for his age, right?

I know he has a strong need and I just can't wean him. But I also can't cope sometimes and wonder how I'll make it until he's 4, because that seems to be where he's going.

Any commiserators?

Happily married to DH 

Stay-at-home mama to DS1 (01/12) & DS2 (01/14)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-21-2014, 01:21 AM

Yes! I'm nursing 2.5 yo DS and 10 week twins, and every time DS1 nurses, I want to throw him across the room. I feel like he only wants me for my nipples! When he gets hurt or wants absolutely anything, he wants his papa, all he wants me for is "go ma nuh" (go mama, nurse). He leaves massive teeth dents in my nipples, gropes me whenever we are touching...I'm so tired of it! Really want to wean, really can't.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#3 of 3 Old 06-21-2014, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Nursing twins AND a toddler!? Oh wow, Azadehhast. You are incredibly committed. Thank you for showing me that I'm not the only one out there. While I know that he still needs it for comfort, I still get grumpy and want to wean, but then I think about all the nutritional benefits he is getting too. He's 2-1/2 and has never been sick! Not once! He was even exposed to a kid recently who ended up coming down with a fever and throwing up that evening and DS didn't get it. He's a healthy little dude. Major sacrifice for me, but I KNOW it's worth it. That doesn't always make it easy though

Happily married to DH 

Stay-at-home mama to DS1 (01/12) & DS2 (01/14)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page