My adventures in BF - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my 4th nursling. She is precious. She is 15 mo I hope to let her self wean, but I'm wondering....

In Sept she bit me. A tiny cut, which progressively got worse. With diligence and patience I healed about 2 weeks ago.

So things were great! No more pain.... then 4 days ago she goes and oulls an allnighter. Nursing her on the left became painful. I couldn't figure it out. Then after a shower, iput on my housecoat and just the friction of the flannel sent me over the edge! Theres a tiny red dot on th tip of the nipple.

No idea what it could be... a blister? a cut? clog?

Any one have ideas? I;m not ready to wean, and she barely takes solids yet, she still needs me. Not sure what to do about the pain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-09-2005, 05:42 PM

You can take pain relievers to take the edge off and while you try to figure out what is going on. It could just be trauma that will go away quickly.

: Grandmother , 3 Adult Sons

#3 of 3 Old 02-09-2005, 05:57 PM

There are these gel pad things you can put in your bra that feel heavenly on that type of thing, and encourage healing. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact name, but I think they had some at the drug store here near the regular nursing pads, however when I needed them with my dd I got them from the lactation consultant at our hospital. You should also put some Lanolin on that nipple.

And I hate to say it, but I've heard that there are types of breast cancer that start as wounds that won't heal on the nipple. This doesn't sound like that to me, but if it won't heal you should see a doctor.

Peace.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page