Nursing Lamby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd has started 'nursing' her lamby and sometimes wants me to give lamby a top off at the 'real milkie' (mine) and she watches intently to make sure I really put him up to my nipple. It's so cute. My dh told his mom about it and he said he could tell she was grossed out but he thought it was funny. Ha! I think it's adorable. Anybody else 'nursing' a stuffed animal or dc doing so?
#2 of 10 Old 03-04-2005, 02:01 AM

OMG!!! This is SO funny!!! :
I was coming here to post the EXACT smae thing...
my (almost) 26mo wants me to nurse her toys on almost a daily basis...
she's just brought me a Groovy Girl & said "a have a milkies, pwease!"
Then she watches to make sure that I've given the milk to the toy. Nice to see her wanting to share...tandem nursing would work for her!!! :LOL

Mama of 2 boys, 5 girls.grouphug.gif

#3 of 10 Old 03-04-2005, 03:32 AM

Yes, I have nursed far more toys in my time than I'd ever have dreamed possible. Sweet, isn't it?
#4 of 10 Old 03-04-2005, 03:16 PM

Yes, Claudia just started doing this with her babydolls. I've noticed that she has been feeding her baby with toy spoons and tucking them into their cradle. After I got done nursing her not too long ago, she hopped down and proceeded to walk around with baby at her breast for the next 5min.
#5 of 10 Old 03-04-2005, 04:21 PM

My favourite quote from "Mothering your nursing toddler" is "You're not a real woman til you've nursed a tricerotops"!
#6 of 10 Old 03-09-2005, 06:59 PM

Can I add DS's matchbox cars to the list? Talk about premium fuel!
#7 of 10 Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Before each daytime nursing session Fern brings me Doll, and I have to nurse her first, she will actually climb into my lap to nurse sometimes, then remember Doll and call/look for her, and refuse to nurse til Doll has had her sip If Doll isn't around, I have nursed teddies, a powerpuff girl :LOL , a ball ... all sorts of things. Here I am nursing dd and Doll

nothing more to say I guess :
#8 of 10 Old 03-09-2005, 10:19 PM

Ds will occasionally hand me his doll and want me to nurse it. I'll bring it up to my chest, at which point he starts looking very worried and pushes it away. Then *he* wants to nurse. He just can't quite get comfortable with the idea of sharing his "sides," but he does feel like the doll should get to nurse, too. I give him credit for trying!

Lisa
mom to Isaac 9/1/03

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#9 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Ok - just a few minutes ago my SIL who just found out she's pregnant and is already talking about formula : (the family is very anti-bf) - anyways she was over here visiting and my dd decided she wanted ME to nurse FROM her so she's lifting HER shirt right in front of sil to get me to latch (never done this before) and throws a tantrum because I can't figure out what she wanted at first. It was hilarious. SIL didn't really react at all - she's gone now. Now she's sitting on my lap and is trying to nurse a set of keys at my boob.

Ha!
#10 of 10 Old 03-14-2005, 09:13 PM

DD has had me nurse her dolls for a while, but the other day was one of the best. She was spending the night with her grandma. My mom said DD was talking to her babydoll and asking her if she wanted to nurse. She told her doll that her one side was "empty" (what I tell her when I can't take it anymore) but she could nurse on the other side of her. My mom was dying laughing and she bottle-fed me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page