? for those who have bfed during pregnancy.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2005, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question for those of you who have nursed through pregnancy. Lately, Bran has been really fussy while nursing and makes an "ewwww" face. Today I finally wanted to see what was going on so I tasted a few drops...GROSS! It tastes like ocean water...all salty! So, now I get why he hates the milk... Now, I don't eat salt, so it's not my diet...is being pregnant making my milk taste gross? Will it become good again soon?

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yeah, my DD told me the "milkies taste yuccky" when I was pregnant. but it didn't stop her from nursing at least once every day! the day before the baby was born, she told me "the milkies came back, and they're yummy again"
Old 03-09-2005, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think that as the milk supply goes down, certain things in the milk get concentrated. I know that milk from my right breast is pretty salty while milk from my left breast is quite sweet (I nurse a zillion times a day on the left and once or twice a week on the right.)

This change in taste is one of the reasons that some children wean during their mothers' pregnancies.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)

User Tag List