please tell me hes not weaning - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-13-2005, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cuz i really think he is. He hasnt wanted to nurse to sleep for a long while and here now lately hes been to busy to nurse! it wouldnt be so bad if i could find my pump and be able to pump but im afraid this lack of nursing is going to lill my already hurting supply!
Am i doomed? is there any way i can convince him to nurse? hes just over a year.
#2 of 5 Old 03-14-2005, 02:09 AM

not from experience but from what ive read here usually its not weaning at your dc age but rather a nursing strike.. i have heard of a few exceptions but for the most part seen at this age just a phase but alot of mamas mistaken it for clw. id break out the pump and keep trying to get dc to nurse! good luck and i hope the more experienced mommas can help you

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#3 of 5 Old 03-14-2005, 02:26 AM

That actually doesn't sound like a nursing strike to me but just that he's really busy right now. I think it's up to you whether or not this marks him weaning. I know a lot of moms who just let it go when their babies reached this stage and that was that. But you can choose to keep offering and in all likelihood he will keep nursing he just might not keep it up like he was before. If your supply was already an issue then pumping is probably a good idea.
#4 of 5 Old 03-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Well, he is at the age where they start to be more of explorers and don't have so much time for mom anymore. That'll probably change again in a few months, as they venture further out and need to come back to Mom for that reassurance. And, I hate to say it, but don't be too upset if he is weaning. At least it is at a time of his choosing. MLW, if you were to choose it later, is hard to do.
#5 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 10:50 PM

I'm hearing you loud and clear. My dd turned a year two weeks ago. She hasn't wanted to nurse for over 24 hours. My breasts are so engorged. Ahhh...I feel like I'm going to pop. I don't know either if I should pump or what. I had no plans for weaning dd anytime soon, so if I thought she'd nurse again I'd pump for the time being. Basically I guess you'd say I'm lurking.

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page