If your dc resisted solids at first, when did he/she get into them? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: If you dc resisted solids, what age did he/she get into them?
12 months 5 25.00%
13 months 5 25.00%
14 months 1 5.00%
15 months 4 20.00%
16 months 2 10.00%
17 months 0 0%
18 months 18 months + 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ask this because my 11 month old ds is not interested in putting anything in his mouth besides his sippy cup and Oatios. He likes to suck apple wedges but that's about it for him. We have tried all textures and flavors. I offer to him several times a day...mostly at dinner time. He sits with us and plays/eats his oatios in his high chair. He won't let you get anything near his mouth. I'm not concerned at all. I'm just curious as to when other babies who may have resisted solids started getting into them.

Something of note...
I have heard that babies that hold out for a while to get into solids often have allergies they are trying to aviod. We (dh and I) don't have any history of food allergy in our families so it came to a surprise to us that cheese (cheddar and cottage) seems to cause red marks/bumps on ds' face. Hmmm...

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 08:56 PM

DD held out until around 13 months old (right around the time I quit pumping for daycare). She has always seemed maybe slightly sensitive to dairy but it's really hard to tell. She doesn't have any other allergies we're aware of.. I don't know why she held out as long as she did - she loves food now, but could care less for anything other than cheerios for a very long time!
#3 of 7 Old 03-15-2005, 09:00 PM

I said 14 mo -- which was last month. That's when he started showing enthusiasm. BUT last week he had a really evil stomach bug, puking and diarrhea and not eating anything at all for a few days. And now that he's feeling better he seems to have forgotten about his recent love for solid foods. So, back to square one, I guess.
#4 of 7 Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 AM

Dd is almost 14 months and aside from the sippy and cheerios shows little interest. Every now and then she'll eat three or four bites from our food, but mainly just wants her leche. There are lots of alllergies on dh's side, so that may be part of it. She also shows a slight sensitivity to dairy.

Do unto children as you would have them do unto you ::
#5 of 7 Old 03-16-2005, 01:33 PM

DD would eat some, but didn't eat solids regularly or consistantly until her first molars came in around 16 months.
#6 of 7 Old 03-16-2005, 01:38 PM

My DS didn't start eating any solid food until 12 months... but he has no food allergies.
My DD started grabbing food off my plate at 5 months, but she has quite a few food allergies.
#7 of 7 Old 03-16-2005, 01:48 PM

I don't consider DD to have really "resisted" solids... after all you *WANT* bmilk to be their primary food source for at least the first year. That said, she was generally getting about 50 calories daily from food around 12 months, lol (yes, I tried to figure it out, it did range a lot though).

She didn't start eating a noticable amt until around 15 months but she did try a variety of foods... just not very much and just not more than once (So, I put 15 months but she was probably still around 80-90% bfed at 18 months).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page