Would this be damaging?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2005, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two boys 18mos and 3mos. DS2 is ebf. The whole family came down with the same cold several days ago. I decided since I was pumping for a freezer supply that I would give DS some expressed milk to help him get over his cold. I mixed it with whole milk in his night time bottle. He weaned when he was around 6m/o (I was pg) anyhow today I gave him pumped milk straight from the avent bottle it was collected in. He kept saying 'Mmmm' and MA MA MA (more more more) I can pump about an ounce with my isis, I hace a PIS but usually dont have time to use it. I pumped again today and he tried 'helping' me, first by squeezing the handle them by squeezing my breast : I was doing breast compression so he decided to try it too I guess. Anyhow he kept asking for more milk when he was done drinking it from the open bottle so I got him a sippy of cows milk, which he said no to- so my question- should I offer to nurse him? Would it scar him? I have an abundant supply and would probably make night time easier on DH (he gets one bottle a night) I also dont know what DH would think of this . he;s more mainstream than I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes you should! Wow what a smart little boy you have, he know what is best for him.
My ds is 19 months and still nursing so I do not think nursing your 18 month old is weird.
Go for it!!

mama to Alex 20 Briana 16 Cory 10 and Jade 3Tubes tied and regret it
Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If he can remember how to latch, go for it! Also, if you continue pumping, you'll eventually get more at a time and you can keep giving him pumped milk. It sometimes takes a while for your breast to learn to respond to a pump.

User Tag List