Steiner lectures on breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

My MiL, an avid reader of Rudolf Steiner, is giving a hard time about breastfeeding my 9-month old. Does anyone know where Steiner talks about breastfeeding and weaning? She feels that I will be causing my son damage if I breastfeed him more than a year, and I certainly don't agree with this. I would like to read the lecture myself so that I can have a leg to stand on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2005, 02:11 AM

Jenifer, Ahhhhh, we meet again. so, I cant recall exactly where Steiner say's it or anything specifically about bfing although i know to what you refer.
We are waldorf student/parents! Im remembering phrases speaking of the childs needing to Come away from that strong bond for some reason or other. But frankly, The leg to stand which you are looking for is the one that radiates from within as a mom who knows in her very being thru hour after hour of nurturing and loving and BECOMING a mother that No Man no matter how many initials after his name and no matter what other wonderful ideas he has can know how long a child needs his mothers milk.
Many ideas and concepts that Steiner had are great and some are/were marked by the times he lived in and today do not fit.
Im sure someone else can add more to this in direct response to the bfing a child over 9 months question.
~L
Old 03-28-2005, 02:12 AM

Check out the forum on Schooling in Waldorf.
~L

User Tag List