DD nurses with Dad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2005, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has recently been "nursing" with her dad. It started a couple weeks ago when I was in another part of the house. She signed to nurse and then, as my DH thought to pick her up to bring her to me, she crawled into his lap, snuggled her face into his chest and rested there, as if she was nursing. My DH was so touched and I was so so so happy for them. She has now done this several times, when I'm not home and when I am, but in another room. She is never really looking for me, but really that connection with him. I find this amazing and I'm wondering if any parents have experienced this before? I wasn't sure if this is the best spot for this post so if the mod thinks it should be moved, please go ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2005, 11:09 PM

That is so cute make sure you get a photo!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:19 AM

My older dd would ask her dad to nurse. When she was small and sleeping with us, she would snuggle right up to dh and even try to latch on to him. Due to circumstances, I went back to school when she was 7 days old and dh was her main caregiver for the first 12 weeks of her life. Although she was exclusively breastfed or breastmilk fed, I don't think she ever figured out that I was the only one with the milk!
My little dd is pretty straight on the facts, though. Occasionally when she is asking to nurse, dh will scoop her up and tease her "Okay, daddy nurse you instead!" She always looks at him like he's grown another head and says "No daddy nursie. Only mommy nursie!"

User Tag List