Need weaning celebration ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2005, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really need help with some ideas to say goodbye to "the milk". DD is almost 2 1/2 and I just let her nurse again after 4 days w/out. I couldn't say no. I just didn't feel right about it. I do want her to wean, but there was no "goodbye" of any sort - she just stopped asking for a few days. When she was nursing this morning, at 4am, I realized I do not want to get back into our routine of 3 times a day. I do want to keep moving forward in weaning her completely. I'm very sad about it, since it's been part of our life together since her birth, but I really do want to wean her. I'm ready.

So, I am in need of some ideas for the final "goodbye". I've thought about a weaning party, but she really associates parties with birthdays. I don't want to confuse her and think we are celebrated the birthday of my boobs. :LOL Kidding, she'd probably understand we're saying goodbye, but I want to consider some other ideas, too. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
what about a moms and kids sleepover? that is, of course, if you have the situational details to make it work - schedule, friends who could also come and would want to, etc. etc.
i have thought about how much fun that sort of sleepover would be since mothering ran the article on it some time ago.
also, what about a special "big kid" trip, say to a children's museum, zoo, park, family campout or whatever your family is into.
good luck! let is know what you do, i am interested now.

User Tag List