Mothering Forum banner

Unintentional biting?

596 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bethwl 
#1 ·
I know people have talked about dc biting on purpose and laughing about it. My dd is not actually biting per se, but I think she's getting lazy. She's 20 months and for the past couple weeks, she is letting her front top teeth rest down on the area just above my nipple. With her sucking motion, her teeth are digging into my skin. It's not horribly painful, but it's uncomfortable and makes nursing unpleasant after a couple minutes. When I take her off, I see little teeth marks on my skin there. Is this a phase? She doesn't seem to understand when I tell her it hurts and she needs to keep her teeth up and open wider.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I dont really have any useful tips, but I went through the very same thing.

DS just very slightly rubbed those top teeth on me, and after a full day of nursing boy was I sore!!! It felt like brand new again ;\

This went on for about a week and a half , and just spontaneously went back to normal. I had been trying to tell him to change his position...would relatch him etc...but never seemed to work. I guess he just got over it.

One thing that did bring me a little bit of relief ws to have him nurse from an entirely different angle, so it wasnt making one spot raw.

Sorry I cant help, but you're not alone!

Lorissa
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.