Funny things said to you about BF - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-08-2005, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD fell asleep NAK, so have time for a little fluff!

My DSS 15 gets a little confused about breastfeeding, so once he asked if I was "still breasting her" and then last time he came over he forgot what it was called and said something about "nipple feeding" lol. He is cool with it though but needs some work on his terminology!

(Of course when his brother was 10 he said he was not mature yet as his period had not come - he meant puberty lol)

Who stole my signature!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Thats cute.

My friend has two sons, 4 and 2.5 both still bfing. My dd is 15 months, and at a very distractible age...so bfing her in the company of children, especially is hard, cuz all she wants to do is play and watch the other kids.

We were over at my friends the other day, and I was attempting to nurse my dd, who kept sitting up and peering over at the 4 yr old. He leaned over and told me that he didnt think my baby could nurse on me, cuz "they were too big for her" Did I mention that my friend is also fairly small breasted, whereas I am quite the opposite...too funny.
#3 of 3 Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 AM

Walking around town the other day, we had a chance encounter with another mama/baby. While Bleuet was dazzling the mama of the much younger baby with his talking, he reached down my shirt and announced cheerfully "Bleuet want milk from Mommy's nipples!" Well, putting any ambiguity about the milk's source to a halt right there... so glad I so carefully chose such a nice, neutral code word for breastfeeding!

Doesn't matter, really, now, because he knows synonyms, at least for important concepts like breastfeeding. So he'll say "Bleuet want milk," "More Mommy give milk to Bleuet," "More bweastfeeding!", "Mommy give milkies to Bleuet please," "That one! Bleuet want that one!" [sometimes accompanied by mouthing through shirt] and occaisionally, if prompted, "May I have milkie from Mommy please?" Toddler politeness -- so very cute!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page