Giving up naptime nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-08-2005, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is about to turn three, and naptime is the only time she is still nursing. She is not ready to give up her nap, but I'm pregnant and can't bear to nurse for as long as it takes to get her down. I am tired and frustrated and feeling like I have to choose between two things I can't stand-- nursing for a long time (and it makes me want to cry that I can't stand that anymore; nursing her has been the sweetest thing I've ever done), or having a miserable, exhausted child on my hands for the entire rest of the day. Plus I need the rest myself. I'm exhausted this pregnancy. I'm so stressed and don't know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
to you, Rachel. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. My DD is an only, so I have no concept of how it feels to nurse while pg, but I've heard it can be really hairy.

I noticed that your DD is exactly 1 month younger than my DD. I've been trying to cut out naptime nursing for several weeks now, but last week was the first time I was able to convince DD to nap without num-nums first. What finally worked was compromise. I told her if she'd try to nap, then she could have num-nums when she woke up. I still lay with her while she fell asleep. It worked, and of course the whole family gave her lots of praise afterwards. I think I prefer post-nap nursing because it's much shorter. I also hope my DD will be taking naps until first grade, but I don't intend to nurse her that long. I really want her to be able to take naps without nursing soon.

Anyway, hopefully your DD will be at the point very very soon where she can nap without nursing, if it's what you want.

Hope things get better for you soon!

Best,
Nichole
mom to Marlena born April 2002

Nichole
wife to Sasha, mom to Marlena, nursed for 3.5 years, aunt to 3 adorable nephews

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page