Fixing lazy latch in toddler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2005, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds has been getting lazy in his nursing. It is getting uncomfortable. I know he is at times sucking in his top lip which i fix but it still seems not quite right. i feel like i should "fix his latch"but i'm not really sure what to look out for. Bottom lip looks good. at 21 months he is also doing strange gymnastics to watch tv or play with toy while nursing. it is all quite uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 03:25 AM

I just started asking ds to..."show me his big mouth". :LOL I explained to him that it hurts mommy if he doesn't use his big mouth. He is so sweet. The other morning he was lying in bed before we got up and I looked down and he was "showing" me his big mouth with his eyes still closed. That seems to be all it took. There were a couple of times that he got annoyed with me asking him when he latched on wrong, but I just told him that it feels ouchy and then he smiles and opens his mouth.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'll try that. It feels like his teeth are scraping my skin. I am pretty sure his tongue is covering his bottom teeth, but he doesn't really let me get a good look.

User Tag List