Ugh! Nursing is making me nautious! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2005, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My 17 month old is nursing probably 5-6 times a day only on the right side, wich he has been doing for the last 10 months. I recently had af for the first time since my miscarriage 2 months ago, and have begun to actually get nautious when he nurses. The only other time I've experienced this reaction was during the first trimester of my last 3 pregnancies. I don't think I'm pregnant, af came last week. I love looking down into my little guys face to see him smiling up at me or laughing as he puts his stinky little feet in my face, so I am hating feeling this way. Any suggestions to help or perhaps some of you have been through this before? I am actually grinding my teeth while he nurses, because it feels so icky! :

#2 of 4 Old 05-27-2005, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any chance you are dehydrated? I'm assuming the nausea is physical, in the stomach, right? My oldest child nursed round the clock including every couple hours at night until after she was aroud 18mo. I would sometimes feel very nauseous during the night, like she had literally dried me out. Drinking extra fluids helps. Hopefully someone else has more ideas.
#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2005, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

anhaga-
I think you may just be a genious! It has been getting warmer here, and I have not been making sure to drink as much water as I should. I kind of did some back sliding after the miscarriage. Drinking coffee and not as much water. I also stopped taking my prenatals : . I'm back on the prenatals, and am going to try cutting out the coffee (diuretic) and drinking more water. I so hope that is what is going on! Thank you for the input. I'm off to drink a big glass of water!

#4 of 4 Old 06-01-2005, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

anhaga-
I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been making myself drink plenty of water and given up coffee since I got your response, and I'll tell you what! It seems to be working. I am not nautious and am again enjoying my nursing toddler!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page