cute names for nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What names do you have for nursing your little ones? DS is 11 months and soon to be a more verbal nursling. Anyone have cute euphemisms for nursing that are easy for little mouths to say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 03:10 AM

DD calls it "ninnys." don't know why but its super-cute.

friend's daughter calls it "nurnies." also super-cute.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 AM
g&a

Well, I'm not one for cute euphamisms, but dd always called nursing "milk time" and so when it came to naming body parts she came up with "milktimes".
g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:57 PM

DD named it "bop-bop" and calls my breasts bop-bops!

Rikki ~~ Married Aug 04 ~~ DD Feb 06 ~~ DS Oct 07 ~~ DD April 12

Old 11-07-2007, 09:40 PM

DD is only 8 mos, but I call it leche, and am hoping it catches on My sister heard a little girl that called it that and said it was about the cutest thing ever when she said "leche please" to her mama

Christian mama to one dear girl, and wife to a Jesus - loving husband smile.gif  

Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 AM

DD still calls my breasts "deedees" which contrary to a few comments from family, does not refer to the size! We started with nursing, became nursies, and DD pronounced nursies "deedees" when she was around a year. Deedees has stuck. I now wear deedee holders not bras, even at 3 3/4 and weaned now for a year!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:46 AM

We started out with nursies, which she changed to cee cees at about 8 months and it stuck to this very day (3 1/2 year old).
Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 AM

I get a little squicked by cutesie names for stuff (no offense meant to anyone who thinks digs it!), but I hope my little one will call it "nursing" or the equivalent in Spanish. (I love the previous poster's "leche" idea!)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I WISH ds had a cutsie name. He used to sign milk or ask for 'mik' while signing please (rubbing his chest). Now he yells "I want BOOB!" and gives himself permission "okay!" as he dives down my shirt.

That's the first step, followed by me asking, "sorry, what do we say if we want something?" then he'll say "BOOB, plllleaaase" then I model "you'd like some milk, please?...okay."

Not sure where boob's come from- I must have refered to him being 'on the boob' one too many times

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM

in our family we nurse. or ask to nurse. At first it comes out as nursh which is cute. The breasts are nursies.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

mums or mum mums from my soon to be 13mth old
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM

This caught my eye on my way down to Books. My boys always called it *Mama*. So when they were 3 or so, crying and yelled *I want Mama*, no one batted an eye. My oldest one started it (he is almost 18 now), the rest followed suit. Ahhh memories...

Blessings,

~Traci, wife to DH 4-88. Mom to 3 homebirthed sons, 22,20&17

The Blue Door Farmhouse & traci.mymomentis.biz

Old 11-12-2007, 01:05 AM

My dh taught my sons to ask for a "taco" . . hee hee!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 AM

I honestly have no idea where she got it, but when my DD wants to switch sides, she says, "Dat!" So, for the longest time, "Dat" meant "nurse." Now that she is older (25 months), she just says, "Nurseinursienursie!" She still uses "Dat" when she wants to switch sides, though.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 AM

When ds was a newborn he had severe reflux and for several weeks what worked best was to feed him in small amounts. He would only nurse one side for 5 minutes or so, then refuse more. After 15 minutes downtime, however, he was back for another try. DH and I took to calling this all day snacking routine "noshing" and it stuck. Now at 28 months ds still asks for a "nosh" when he wants to nurse, and calls my breasts "Mama's nosh".
Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 AM

I didn't like the sign for milk so I taught N the sign for cow. So, my breasts are the "cowcows" and he says "cowcow please mama!" to ask to nurse. and sometimes he says "cooos" like he's a scottish highlander. :
Old 11-13-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kands View Post
I honestly have no idea where she got it, but when my DD wants to switch sides, she says, "Dat!" So, for the longest time, "Dat" meant "nurse." Now that she is older (25 months), she just says, "Nurseinursienursie!" She still uses "Dat" when she wants to switch sides, though.
I have a friend whose child called nursing "DAT" which apparently, was shorthand for that side

I never actually encouraged nicknames...but all three of mine had other ideas We've had mimis, momos, "side" and my youngest has recently taken to saying she wants "milkies."

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:59 AM

We don't nurse anymore, but I'll soon be nursing again . . .

We use the term "nursie" or "nursies."

It used to be the word for boob, but now it just means nursing.

When we see a picture of animals nursing, I ask DD1 (3.5yo), "What are they doing" and she smiles and says "nursies."

DD2 (2yo) will sometimes use the term, but she didn't nurse long enough (only till 13-14 months) to really need a word for it. She would just crawl up in my lap and start undressing me. . .

I actually made up the term nursie. I had heard some toddlers using some words I didn't like (nu-nu, and there was another), so I decided to choose the word.

No offense intended if you use the term nu-nu. I just didn't like it.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
I WISH ds had a cutsie name. He used to sign milk or ask for 'mik' while signing please (rubbing his chest). Now he yells "I want BOOB!" and gives himself permission "okay!" as he dives down my shirt.

That's the first step, followed by me asking, "sorry, what do we say if we want something?" then he'll say "BOOB, plllleaaase" then I model "you'd like some milk, please?...okay."

Not sure where boob's come from- I must have refered to him being 'on the boob' one too many times

I HAD to read this out loud to DH! : : That was great!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I always said nurse so my little guy tried as well. It came out as "urse". I always thought it was cute.

I'm a single working mom of 3 wonderful kiddos. 

Old 11-13-2007, 03:25 AM

My 19 month old DD says "Nah Nah". And keeps repeating it until she gets them

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 AM

My DH refers to baby nursing as num-nums ( I have NO IDEA where he pulled this from) I always call it nursings or milkies. She's too young to call them anything, but I hope she does have a cute name! Any of the above would be ADORABLE.

However, I think I would die of both laughter and embarrassment if she follows the example of a pp's DS - BOOB PLEASE, OKAY!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
DD calls it "Ba" "Ba, please mama" She came up with that one all on her own. We tried milk and nurse but she's stuck on Ba.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 11-13-2007, 05:10 PM

DS calls it "yaya".
Old 11-13-2007, 06:40 PM

DD calls it "Side sides"

and sometimes repeats it over and over,

"SIDE side side sides", always with emphasis on the first syllable. SO CUTE! , or sometimes

"MAma, SIDE sides"! She whispers to them sidesideside. It's an ongoing chorus.

Amanda, DW to Drew, mom to Ella, 7, Gardner, 2, homesteading on the edge of the continent on the Lost Coast.
mdcblog5.gif California Homesteading, http://eastmillcreek.blogspot.com

Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
I have a friend whose child called nursing "DAT" which apparently, was shorthand for that side

I never actually encouraged nicknames...but all three of mine had other ideas We've had mimis, momos, "side" and my youngest has recently taken to saying she wants "milkies."

DD (19mo) sais this too, kinda, she sais "side" when she wants the other side. But her general word for it is "boobas". Sometimes 'mamma booba' sometime 'booba milk'. It originated with my sisters DS (29mo). Now when they are together, and one is having boobas, the other has too aswell. So it is allways a 'group nursing fest' at our house!!!

She also asks, and then answers herself with okay, or yes. If I have to say no, or later, or in a minute, she will cry and say "okayokayokayokay". then I have to give in.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM

we've always used "susu" which is samoan for milk or nursing.
and it's easy to say so ds caught on fast.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dc often calls it honey and pretends that my boobs are beehives. Or he pretends that he's a bunny and my nipples are carrots.

Today he was singing, "I'm Popeye the sailor man, toot toot!" Then he came and sat down next to me and said, "I eat spinach allll day, mama." I said, "Really? All day?" And he said, "Oh yes, allll day. I'd like some of that boob spinach right now" while looking very meaningfully at my shirt.

Ah, the joys of the older nursling.

User Tag List