Natural Progesterone Cream and Nursing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm nursing my 22 months old 1-2 a day and just got a +HPT Yay! But I needed to take progesterone while pregnant with him. Is it safe to use the cream now? The box says "Do not use while pregnant or nursing" but it is the NPC from the health food store. Do I need a different type?

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats on your pregnancy! I am planning on TTC this summer and am so excited just thinking about it My dd will be the same age as your ds if all goes as planned.

From what I researched I understand the cream should be labeled as "U.S.P. Natural Progesterone" to be effective. It all comes from wild yam but those that are not labeled USP have not been synthesized into usable human progesterone and will do little for you. As for the warning label that is just a legal thing IMO and I take it with a grain of salt in most cases.

I've been using topical progesterone cream for over 5 years because of estrogen dominance and perimenopausal symptoms. I continued through the first trimester of my pregnancy and started back with it as soon as my period returned 6 weeks postpartum. I use it every month from day 14-26 of my cycle, doing so keeps my previously strange cycle regular and my once horrible PMS to a minimum.

Canyon River Naturals makes the stuff I use: http://www.premugest.com/info.htm

This progesterone is in a cream made from emu oil which has molecules small enough to penetrate the skin. I could feel it's effects immediately when I rubbed it on the first time so I knew I'd found a good product! The only thing I don't like is the scent which is very sweet smelling, but I am very scent sensitive so it may just be me.

HTH!

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13

User Tag List