EBF toddler, pregnant, diminishing milk supply! Is she getting enough nutritionally? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my question is this - I am 4 months pregnant and still nursing my just turned 2-yr-old, but my milk supply seems to have gone down. Should I supplement with whole milk? I have tried giving her a bit of it, but the thing is that she really doesn't like it, so what do I do to make sure she's still getting adequate nutrition??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 02:03 PM

Is she Exclusively BF? That's what I assume by your title. If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about giving her cows milk, I would just give her other food. You can certainly give her cows milk if you want too, but there are other foods that have calcium and protein in it too. If she is 2 years old IMO she should be eating solids of some sort. I don't worry too much about making my 2.5 year old drink cows milk because she is still nursing, but I do offer it to her. Some times she drinks it, some times she doesn't. Just offer your DD healthy food choices and she will most likely get enough to eat. 2 year olds are notoriously picky eaters. If she is growing well, healthy, happy and acting normal, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:08 PM

I'm guessing she isn't really EBF. I would give water instead of cows milk if we are talking what fluids should she have, as long as her diet is such that she gets the nutrients she needs.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:40 PM

My son loved yogurt drinks and smoothies...he rarely ever drinks cow's milk. I'm 6 months prego's...however ds is 3 1/2 and eats lots of cheese and other foods to get his calcium.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Old 05-28-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry - extended BFing, not exclusive. I'm really lucky actually because she'll eat just about anything. Thanks for the info! What I will do is look for additional calcium sources, though she does love cheese, which helps. :-)

User Tag List