"nursing manners" question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2008, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mamas,
Can you help me out? My 25 month old has started doing something new that is REALLY bothering me. She nurses about 8x per day, on demand. If we are in a situation when I can't nurse her immediately she has started licking/biting at me through my clothes. For instance, today I was packing up our groceries at our food coop and she asked to nurse, and it just needed to wait til I was done packing. I'm not trying to get her to drop nursing sessions; I just need a few minutes leeway sometimes!
The licking really makes me uncomfortable. And we're a bit of a spectacle with her yelling "I WANT NAYNAY I WANT NAYNAY I WANT NAYNAY" while she attempts to manhandle me. How do I help her through this?
TIA.

ETA: I do tell her "I will nurse you when I am done with X in just a few minutes. You can have this water/snack etc. while you wait."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 08-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could perhaps try having a chat with her about it while you are at home and calm, including some role playing of how you would like her to behave in such a situation. I've found with my kids that doing this sort of role playing, even when they are quite young, can be really helpful in letting them know what's socially okay, and what's not. Throw a bit of humour in there too if you can. Good luck!

User Tag List