Names for nursing - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd calls them "nummies" i woke up the other morning to her trying to help herself to the nummies,she was talking to them and waving "Hi,nummies i'm gonna get you"

And when I get home from work she always runs to me saying "My nummies are home!" I feel like i'm being used for my nummies

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#62 of 74 Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 AM

DS1 said "boobies" until I changed it to "susu" because I got tired of him yelling it at the top of his voice in shopping malls... Susu means breastfeed/breast/breastmilk in some SE Asian/Pacific nations.

With DS2 susu evolved into "zoozie". He also went through a stage of saying "side". I think we even had "side" (left) and "big side" (right) for a while. Ummm, no, I'm not that lopsided...

DS3 isn't talking yet so he just does that excited fast breathing thing when he wants a breastfeed.
#63 of 74 Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM

DS1 used to call it "beest" as in "breast." My husband found that very embarrassing... Now he's almost 2 and he's switched over mostly to "nuhse." While it's less explicit than "beest," it also comes along with a lot more commentary -- instead of "wan' beest" it's "I want to nuhse. Amma, I want to nuhse now. Nuhse in two-bed (my bed.) Nuhse in two-bed now. Nuhse that one. I want to nuhse that one in two-bed now!" So there's much more time for someone to pick up on what he's talking about.

DH is mostly on board with the nursing thing, but I think he's starting to think enough is enough. DS isn't two yet, but he looks like your average three-year-old.
#64 of 74 Old 10-27-2008, 12:31 PM

My 7 month old just started babbling "na-na" so I've been calling them Nanas. I figure it will be very easy to say once he makes the association
#65 of 74 Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 PM

DS3 said "ninny"

DD says "nur-nur" for nurse

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#66 of 74 Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM

i had a made up word i wanted ds to use but he started on his own saying "Dees." "Want dees." i think he was saying "these" but it sounded like "dees" and that is what he always called it. He has been weaned for a couple of years now (he's almost 7), but the other day he saw a truck that said Dees Company and he thought that was hilarious and it got him thinking about it...he asked me to make sure that our new baby would get to have dees and that i wasnt going to make him drink a bottle like aunt k's baby. of course i assured him that baby will get to nurse

Mama to 3 boys 

#67 of 74 Old 11-08-2008, 08:19 PM

My toddler calls it 'Mama Milka', I love it!

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#68 of 74 Old 11-08-2008, 09:31 PM

My dd calls it "milkies". My older dd called it "milk chair" because we always nursed in the same chair.
#69 of 74 Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 PM

My two year old calls is "tippy" (sippy) and then "udde tide tippy" (other side sippy)
#70 of 74 Old 11-09-2008, 08:16 PM

my 21 mont hold calls it "r-toons" I think because his favorite time to nurse is when he gets up in the morning, I put cartoons on for my daughter.
#71 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 AM

He calls it NeeNee or NayNay. For a few weeks he combines Mama NeeNee to be MeeMee, but it's back now He first called it that at 9 months and still does at 19. I have no idea where it came from because I say milk or nurse.
#72 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 AM

My DS calls them nursies, one twin calls them ni ni and signs for milk, the other calls them nurnee and signs for milk. Sometimes she just calls for me me (mommy but imagine it in a cartman voice . The girls bat their lashes and everything when they want it, it's hilarious. Elliott sometimes nurses on both sides and he just asks for the other nursie when side one is done. I love nursing 3 toddlers, so much more fun then nursing a baby!

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#73 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langyork View Post
I hate that word too. A boob is an idiot and a breast is a wonderful thing.
Word.

My almost two year old calls it "owk."

I don't remember who said this, but DD totally signs for milk in her sleep, too.
#74 of 74 Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Nursies

as in "Mama, could I have some nursies please?" or "mama, nursies on the couch?" or "I want nursies!!"

Ahhh the joys of nursing a highly verbal 2 1/2 year old. When I ask him why he likes the nursies he says "because they're yummy!" and today while waiting for me to plop down on the aforementioned couch he was bouncing up and down, clapping, and saying yay! and then as I sat down he said "I'm excited Mama!"

After 2 1/2 years - 976 days - God only knows how many hours of nursing - it's hard to believe he's still *jump up and down* excited about nursing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page