Mothering Forum banner

Names for nursing

3K views 73 replies 72 participants last post by  Beccah+twins+1 
#1 ·
I'm sure there's many past threads on this. But it's always fun to talk about anyway.

What does your toddler call nursing?

Last two kids called it "noonies". My third son won't go with that and insists on "Waaaaayy". It sounds a bit like his word for "water" so I wonder if he made an association somewhere there. Interesting kid, this one.

See less See more
#10 ·
ds is 15 mo, he calls it mo, (more) with a little of the r sound at the end. I think this started because whenever he has anything to drink, and his cup gets empty, we ask if he wants "more". So now all drinks are "more". The difference is, when he wants to nurse, he pulls at my shirt and says "more". It's so cute. I love toddlers

#17 ·
DD is 2 and calls it "MOW", not like mow the grass, but like COW with an 'M' (maybe she's read my sig....heh-heh). And when she wants the other side she pops off and says "empty" and points at the "empty" one.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post
I'm sure there's many past threads on this. But it's always fun to talk about anyway.

What does your toddler call nursing?

Last two kids called it "noonies". My third son won't go with that and insists on "Waaaaayy". It sounds a bit like his word for "water" so I wonder if he made an association somewhere there. Interesting kid, this one.

my ds is only 6 months but..for now we call it nunnas...

#24 ·
Some of these are so cute! My kids refer to it as milkies or boobies. As in "The baby's gonna drink some boobies." Unfortunately, my mother has introduced the word "tit" into their vocabulary so I have to re-educate every time I feed the baby. No, she's not having the 'tit' she's having milkies or boobies.

#25 ·
Caitlyn calls it "Nee nee" and when she wants to switch sides she will say, "nee, nee side".

Camryn and Carson call it "nursies" or "milkies" when Caitlyn is nursing. Camryn will come sit with Caitlyn and I and say, "KK milkies?" and when Caitlyn stops nursing Camryn says, "KK done milkies?" and pulls my shirt down

#26 ·
DD says "mama". She came up with it on her own, and I love it. She calls me Mommy, but mama is for nursing. She just got to where she'll ask to switch sides. She either unlatches and says "switch" or sometimes it's "mama all gone. switch?".

The first time she said all gone, I got all worried. I was like "is it really?" then I realized she just wanted to switch. Silly mommy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.