Mothering Forum banner

Black spots on the carpet?

25K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jake Hankins 
#1 ·
The last three places I've lived have all developed black spots on the carpet almost immediately after I move in. I can't figure out what it's coming from or how to prevent it and it does NOT come out with carpet cleaner or even a steam cleaner. We take our shoes off when we come inside, so we're not tracking anything in, DS only eats in the kitchen, so he's not spilling, we're not moving things around, so it's not rubbing off the bottom of furniture. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I lived in a townhouse, it only developed on the bottom floor.

What is going on and how can I prevent and/or clean it?

#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
The last three places I've lived have all developed black spots on the carpet almost immediately after I move in. I can't figure out what it's coming from or how to prevent it and it does NOT come out with carpet cleaner or even a steam cleaner. We take our shoes off when we come inside, so we're not tracking anything in, DS only eats in the kitchen, so he's not spilling, we're not moving things around, so it's not rubbing off the bottom of furniture. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I lived in a townhouse, it only developed on the bottom floor.

What is going on and how can I prevent and/or clean it?
I get that in the dining room where we come out of the kitchen. What I finally figured out was it is water dripping off my wet hands or glass, onto the floor. Dirt gets attracted to it, and shows up as very dark spots.

Most of them come out with my carpet cleaner. We only use water in the carpet cleaner (soap residue would attract more dirt)

#3 ·
I don't know what it could be, but...you could try to clean it by dabbing the spot with a q-tip soaked in hydrogen peroxide. I've found it is good for removing small stains on carpet or dining room chair upholstery. I also love Bac-Out for any organic stain.

#6 ·
Black spots on carpet

I have the same problem in a townhouse that I am living in and I am on the bottom floor. They are popping up all over the carpet. Could it be mold? It feels slightly damp when i feel the area? If anybody has an answer please respond. They are driving me slightly nuts.

Marcy

#7 ·
I have the same problem in a townhouse that I am living in and I am on the bottom floor. They are popping up all over the carpet. Could it be mold? It feels slightly damp when i feel the area? If anybody has an answer please respond. They are driving me slightly nuts.

Marcy
Yes you can be mold. I was same problem I also use same color carpet and mold this carpet from the shop.:thumb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.