Black spots on the carpet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-27-2008, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The last three places I've lived have all developed black spots on the carpet almost immediately after I move in. I can't figure out what it's coming from or how to prevent it and it does NOT come out with carpet cleaner or even a steam cleaner. We take our shoes off when we come inside, so we're not tracking anything in, DS only eats in the kitchen, so he's not spilling, we're not moving things around, so it's not rubbing off the bottom of furniture. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I lived in a townhouse, it only developed on the bottom floor.

What is going on and how can I prevent and/or clean it?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#2 of 9 Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
The last three places I've lived have all developed black spots on the carpet almost immediately after I move in. I can't figure out what it's coming from or how to prevent it and it does NOT come out with carpet cleaner or even a steam cleaner. We take our shoes off when we come inside, so we're not tracking anything in, DS only eats in the kitchen, so he's not spilling, we're not moving things around, so it's not rubbing off the bottom of furniture. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I lived in a townhouse, it only developed on the bottom floor.

I get that in the dining room where we come out of the kitchen. What I finally figured out was it is water dripping off my wet hands or glass, onto the floor. Dirt gets attracted to it, and shows up as very dark spots.

Most of them come out with my carpet cleaner. We only use water in the carpet cleaner (soap residue would attract more dirt)
#3 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 AM

I don't know what it could be, but...you could try to clean it by dabbing the spot with a q-tip soaked in hydrogen peroxide. I've found it is good for removing small stains on carpet or dining room chair upholstery. I also love Bac-Out for any organic stain.
#4 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can one put Bac Out in a carpet cleaner?
#5 of 9 Old 12-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Can one put Bac Out in a carpet cleaner?
I'm not sure..I just spray or pour it directly on the carpet and let it sit. Bi-o-Kleen makes a carpet cleaner but I've never tried it.
#6 of 9 Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 AM
mrd

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Black spots on carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
The last three places I've lived have all developed black spots on the carpet almost immediately after I move in. I can't figure out what it's coming from or how to prevent it and it does NOT come out with carpet cleaner or even a steam cleaner. We take our shoes off when we come inside, so we're not tracking anything in, DS only eats in the kitchen, so he's not spilling, we're not moving things around, so it's not rubbing off the bottom of furniture. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but when I lived in a townhouse, it only developed on the bottom floor.<br><br>

I have the same problem in a townhouse that I am living in and I am on the bottom floor. They are popping up all over the carpet. Could it be mold? It feels slightly damp when i feel the area? If anybody has an answer please respond. They are driving me slightly nuts.

Marcy
#7 of 9 Old 06-25-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrd View Post
I have the same problem in a townhouse that I am living in and I am on the bottom floor. They are popping up all over the carpet. Could it be mold? It feels slightly damp when i feel the area? If anybody has an answer please respond. They are driving me slightly nuts.

Marcy
Yes you can be mold. I was same problem I also use same color carpet and mold this carpet from the shop.
#8 of 9 Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
How many times did you wash it? Wash it 3 to 4 times. After that if the black spot appears same as before, then may be there was mold. Use mold removal products to clean it.
#9 of 9 Old 07-17-2014, 01:19 AM

4 to 5 time I wash my carpet. I have seen this url that you used. Nice.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page