Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little grey mare View Post
I can/will do just about anything.
But I absolutely refuse to deal with mouse traps.
I'll set them, if they're new i.e. haven't killed anything yet. But once there's been a mouse in it, no way. That's disgusting. I supposed if I absolutely HAD to, I'd use gloves. But I married DH...it's one of the fringe benefits.

Also if there's something dying, it's DH's job to finish it. Unless I'm out driving by myself, then I can bring myself to back the car over it again. But a sick chicken or a bird that flew into a window etc? that's why I have a DH lol!
Ugh DH left for a month just over a week ago and I discovered today not only had he left some set traps but one had actually caught a mouse!
:Puke
Thankfully, Dad is coming tomorrow so I'll get him to clean it up but...EEEEWH!
Even DH throws them out trap and all and we just keep buying new traps.
Where are thoe snakes when you need them

and
#62 of 69 Old 02-08-2009, 12:51 AM

I don't iron. Or walk the dog. Last time I walked our rambunctious dog a few years ago, she took off into the neighborhood and I just about died chasing after her. But really. I don't iron.

hang.gif  

#63 of 69 Old 02-08-2009, 01:15 AM

I won't start a fire in our woodstove. I love the woodstove and love cuddling up in front of a fire and all, but the fire is DH's thing. He likes to fiddle with it and get it going at the perfect burn rate and get the temperature up to eighty degrees or whatever. The joy of a fire just isn't worth the amount of effort to me.

I won't pick up DH's clothes from his side of the bed. I make him sleep on the side of the bed where his side of the floor won't be visible from the bedroom door, so I can pretend it's not covered with dirty clothes. If his clothes make it down to the laundry room, I'll wash them. If not, he'll have to come up with another plan.

I won't do anything related to technology, from fixing my laptop to setting our DVR. I don't do well with electronics, and that's DH's career path, so he has to soothe all of our electronics into actually making our lives easier as they are supposed to, rather than wrecking everything as they tend to do when I'm in charge.
#64 of 69 Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 AM

There are quite a few things I'd rather not do, but only one I won't do. I won't get rid of the rally big spiders. I can squish the little ones, but anything too big to squish is for dh or ds1 to deal with. I can't bring myself to touch them at all or even handle them without touching (ie. put a glass jar over them). I'd probably be the same about mice or rats, but we've never had a problem with either of those.

I'm actually so squeamish about spiders that I can't even deal with the bodies. If one drowns in my sink or something, it takes me forever to nerve myself up to handle the strainer holding the body.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#65 of 69 Old 02-08-2009, 02:21 AM

There are many things that dh primarily does - trash, yardwork, home repairs, etc. - that I could do, but don't because he takes care of them.

The only thing I refuse to do is turn dh's clothes right side out when I'm folding laundry. About 3/4 of the clothes he puts in the hamper are inside out. The first month or so of our marriage I did it, but then noticed I was spending most of the folding time just getting his clothes right side out. So, I fold his pants, shirts, etc inside out. He doesn't care and it saves me lots of time.
#66 of 69 Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM

Bababa - Glad your dad could take care of it otherwise I'd send DH over lol! I actually called him at work once (when he was commuting 2hrs/day) to whine about a dead mouse in the cupboard that was preventing me from eating lunch because it was sitting on top of a can of something I wanted to eat. At least he saw the humor in it

Nimbus - Oh I totally do the same thing! Drives me batty when he puts socks and other clothing in the laundry inside out. So I just stopped fixing it. It'll go through the wash, I'll put on the line, fold and put away just the way it is. Then if he goes to work with his shirt on inside out all day, it's not my problem!

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#67 of 69 Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaLa View Post
I won't start a fire in our woodstove. I love the woodstove and love cuddling up in front of a fire and all, but the fire is DH's thing. He likes to fiddle with it and get it going at the perfect burn rate and get the temperature up to eighty degrees or whatever. The joy of a fire just isn't worth the amount of effort to me.

I won't do anything related to technology, from fixing my laptop to setting our DVR. I don't do well with electronics, and that's DH's career path, so he has to soothe all of our electronics into actually making our lives easier as they are supposed to, rather than wrecking everything as they tend to do when I'm in charge.
Oh you're kidding?!??! I Looove starting fires. I get positively annoyed on the rare occasions DH gets downstairs before me in the morning and starts one. I don't like when anyone else touches them either. I've been known to throw myself in front a visitor daring to touch my fire.

Ditto with the technology though. I used to be technical but since DD I've really lost all abilities with anything technical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little grey mare View Post
Bababa - Glad your dad could take care of it otherwise I'd send DH over lol! I actually called him at work once (when he was commuting 2hrs/day) to whine about a dead mouse in the cupboard that was preventing me from eating lunch because it was sitting on top of a can of something I wanted to eat. At least he saw the humor in it

Turns out the mouse wasn't so fresh after all.... My dad could smell it when he came in the house. I guess I just slowly got used to it while it rotted away
DH sure got a good dose of the long distance heckers!

and
#68 of 69 Old 02-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't 'do' cockroaches if DH is in the house or within yelling distance of it. If he isn't I'll spray them from a distance and scuttle away, leaving them until he gets home to flush them... unless they're somewhere the baby's liable to eat them, in which case I will psych myself up and gingerly scrape them into the dustpan and fling 'em outside. Yes, I'm a wimp. Rodents, on the other hand, don't bug me at all; but of course, we get roaches and not rodents. Hmph.

DH does the trash, but it's not like I 'won't'. I prefer to leave emptying the kitchen scraps bin to him, whhich really isn't fair because he probably hates it as much as I do! Everything else we pretty much share (or just skip altogether). He doesn't like helping in the garden beyond occasionally harvesting cherry tomatoes. And he refuses to forward the last tenants' mail, so I do it (because I feel bad about chucking it in the bin and he doesn't). His official 'job' is to clean the kitchen, which he does (almost) every night to my infinite gratitude. I sometimes help out of guilt, though.

Oh, and DH does computery electronic stuff, because if I tried it we'd be back to stone knives and bearskins.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#69 of 69 Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 AM

i do almost everything. i'm scared of the snowblower, but i would figure it out if dh absolutely couldn't do it (like if he broke his leg).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page